The International Recruiting Coordinator will be based in Hong Kong, Singapore, or Dubai and report to the Associate Director, International Recruiting.
The International Recruiting Coordinator will be responsible for managing all recruitment processes for lateral Associates, Of Counsel and other qualified lawyer hires in the Asia and Middle East offices. They will add additional support to Partner processes in these offices and provide mutual cover with the Recruiting Coordinator in the European offices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain search firm relationships. Ensure all agencies are signed up to our terms prior to receiving candidates and liaising with agencies to advise them of new roles.
- Assist in reviewing and selecting lateral candidates’ applications for consideration.
- Record and store candidate applications and all materials including CVs and transcripts.
- Manage the interview process for all lateral candidates, organising in person and virtual interviews and technical assessments.
- Work with the Associate Director to manage the approval and offer process for candidates.
- Ensure offer letters/contracts and other offer materials are consistent with firm policies and local legal requirements.
- Ensure that candidate files and records are maintained and are in compliance with Firm’s Human Resources policies.
- Keep apprised of legal requirements and regulations affecting recruiting policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Handle the online onboarding process for all attorney hires across the Asia and Middle East offices through SilkRoad.
- Manage the background checks through HireRight.
- Assist with orientation and first day organisation.
- Assist with global projects to improve our processes and recruiting materials.
- Liaise with key stakeholders internally and externally to create and drive diversity initiatives.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Initiative and exhibit independent thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, handle high volume, and be a team player.
- The successful candidate will have approximately 3 years recruiting or HR experience within professional services.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Gibson Dunn will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of local law.