Kids U Is an accredited Early day care center located in Canada. We require Finance Manager who will be reporting to the Finance Director and supporting the Finance and accounting teams. The incumbent will be required to administer accounting operations to meet legal requirements and should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. The ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the Director of Finance and with projects and tasks as and when required.
- Assisting the director of finance in the amalgamation of Kids U as a unified books of accounts using Quick Books and generate unified reporting.
- Work on payroll rates, actual and schedule hours, calculate errors, identify and fix underpayment or overpayment and generate payroll forecasting.
- Prepare financial statements – income sheets and balance sheets and cash synaptic on yearly basis.
- Reconcile differences in Quick Books.
- Reconcile bank statements with Kids U Inc. and record internal receivables and payables in Quick Books and Microsoft excel.
- Process invoices for various clients on monthly basis and provide best in class customer service to the clients.
- Prepare payroll cheques, claims and rental cheques.
- Update internal systems with financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Track bank deposits and payments and assist with budget preparation.
- Assist in maintaining payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of organizational products and process.
- Resolve financial disputes raised by the employees.
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
- Assist the accounting team with payables and other non-payroll duties as required.
- Assist in budget preparation and management activities.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc. as required.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration. Professional qualification as CA/CMA is considered a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and payroll processing is required.
- Proficiency in a payroll and Timekeeping systems in particular Pay web, Advance Tracker and QuickBooks and Time Saver.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (pivot tables, macros).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong and accurate data input, excellent accounting and book-keeping skills.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated with a commitment to working in a team environment as well as independently to meet deadlines and company objectives.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- The candidate will be working from home but working hours will start from 7pm to 3-4am
- The candidate should have a dedicated at-home workspace, free from distraction with high-speed, reliable internet of Minimum 25 Mbps
- The candidate should have their own laptop with web came
- The position is only for candidates residing in Islamabad/Rawalpindi or nearby areas
- The candidate should have good electricity back up
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Finance and Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 3 years (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)